Prep for Prep
This optional program is open only to members of the Class of 2020 at St. John's. It is designed for incoming freshmen, who want to get a head start on the skills necessary for a successful freshman year and high school career.
This program is taught by St. John's Prep faculty and focuses on academic skill development, teamwork and service. An evaluative component will assess each student’s strengths and areas for growth before the start of their freshman year. The program includes:
- Critical Reading & Writing Skills
- Algebra & Problem Solving
- Summer Reading Review
- Freshmen Science Skills
- Organizational & Study Skills
- Leadership & Community Building
- Art Studio
- Athletic Skills
Exciting Option for Prep for Prep Students!
- We have added a CrossFit Training component to the program. In addition to academics and fun afternoon activities, Prep for Prep will now include 90 minutes of CrossFit training and health education each day.
- For students who would like to complete their Physical Education requirement for freshman year (and earn 1/2 credit), five additional CrossFit classes will be offered from June 28 - July 8. Dates are listed below. These classes will be held in the gymnasium from 8 to 10 am. The cost for the additional five classes is $100; it is offered only to students enrolled in the Prep for Prep program.
- The dates for these 5 classes are 8 - 10 am on:
- Tuesday, June 28
- Wednesday, June 29
- Thursday, June 30
- Friday, July 1
- Friday, July 8
- Make up Classes will be held Friday, July 15 and Friday, July 22.
Dates and Costs of Prep for Prep
- Dates: July 6 to July 21
- Week 1: Wednesday and Thursday, Week 2 and 3: Monday through Thursday
- 8 am to 2:30 pm
- Student are required to attend a meeting with our Technology department either June 28th, 29th or 30th. Notices will be provided in June.
- Tuition: $630
Optional Afternoon Programs
Students taking the Prep for Prep program may wish to explore additional options through the Prep's Summer Institute. Three options are special interest include:
- Extended Day: A fun way to complete the day! Unwind with indoor and outdoor games, nature walks, and a weekly trip to Goodies Ice Cream in Danvers. Extended day runs from 2:30 to 4 pm.
- Lunch: Students may bring a cold lunch from home or purchase lunch, which includes a hot or cold sandwich, snack, fruit and beverage.
Complete the registration/payment form below. If you have any questions, please email Sandra Martin.