As we embark on the 2021-2022 school year, we continue to carry on the vision of the Prep Community Covenant and share our layered approach to risk mitigation and the promotion of the health and well being of all members of our community.
Back-to-School COVID Protocols
Our commitment for this school year is to offer full time, in-person teaching, learning, co-curricular and interscholastic athletic programs for the St. John’s Prep community. The full COVID protocol plan for the beginning of the 2021-2022 academic year can be found here. (En Español)
- As of Monday, August 30, 2021 masks will be required for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, in indoor spaces on campus. Masks will not be required outdoors.
- Acceptable masks are two-ply cotton face masks or single-use disposable face masks. Neck gaiters are not acceptable. Masks must cover the mouth and nose. More information on appropriate masks can be found here.
- Per Federal guidelines, masks must be worn on all school buses, SJP mini-buses and school vans. Windows will be open on buses, mini-buses, and vans to mitigate risk of transmission.
- Masks must be worn for indoor physical education classes, when training in the Joe Levis ’60 Fitness Center, or using the Carey Field House or Memorial Gym.
- Faculty and staff who are alone in an office or classroom space with the door shut are not required to wear masks.
- Mask requirements will be assessed on a regular basis and adjusted based on the prevalence of COVID in our community and the positivity rates in the cities and towns that are part of the St. John’s community.
- The School strongly encourages vaccination for all eligible individuals. Currently, vaccinations are approved under emergency use authorization (EUA) guidelines for individuals aged 12-15. When vaccines are fully licensed, the School reserves the right to require vaccination for all eligible individuals.
- Families, faculty, and staff were asked to submit an electronic form indicating vaccination status. If an individual’s vaccination status changes, families are asked to send information to firstname.lastname@example.org and faculty / staff are asked to send information to email@example.com.
St. John’s Prep is implementing a testing protocol and working with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) to provide in-school testing. Our testing program has three components: symptomatic testing for those who show COVID symptoms at school ,
weekly COVID testing for unvaccinated individuals and those involved in interscholastic athletic programs, and random testing for co-curricular programs and vaccinated individuals will also take place. Additional testing will take place as deemed necessary by the School.
- The School no longer administers or requires a daily attestation for students, faculty/staff, vendors, or guests. Individuals should stay home if experiencing any COVID symptoms or if they are required to quarantine.
- A list of COVID-19 symptoms can be found here.
- Reporting travel plans is no longer required. For recommendations for travel please see the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) pages below:
In the event of a positive diagnosis, the School is committed to supporting a contact tracing process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Cases or Symptoms on Campus
The School has developed protocols should a positive case be confirmed on campus, or if an individual is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
If a student, faculty, or staff member has been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19, or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, inform the School Nurse or Director of Human Resources:
Ms. Margie Clifford for Middle School faculty / staff
Ms. Heidi Rubin for High School faculty / staff
Ms. Tracii Schaeublin for all staff based in the Administration Building or 21 Spring Street.