The ability to write well ranks among the top skills demanded by universities and employers. At St. John's Prep, writing is a priority across the curriculum.
The Writing Center offers students one-on-one consultations with trained writing coaches to assist with any stage of the writing process. The mission of the center staff is to guide students toward becoming confident and independent writers who will succeed at the Prep and beyond. Open to writers in grades 6 through 12, at all levels, the Writing Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. It is located in the Center for Learning and Academic Success (CLAS) on the first floor of the A. E. Studzinski Library.
how we work with students
- Discuss texts and writing assignments
- Assist with planning and outlining
- Provide grammar and mechanics support
- Offer strategies for meaningful revision
- Host workshops and competitions