american red cross certification
- Dates: February 19 to 23, 2018
- Times: 10 am to 5 pm
- Cost: $350; includes CPR mask and 2016 textbook (PDF)
- Location: Wellness Center at St. John's Prep
- Register: Read on for prerequisites and course requirements, and then use the form at the end of this page to register.
Note! A prerequisite assessment must be completed before February 16. Please email Leandra Manos, Aquatics Coordinator, to schedule the assessment. Prerequisites are:
- 300-yard continuous swim freestyle and breaststroke
- 2 minutes of treading water in the deep end using only the legs
- Timed task: swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10-lb brick in 7-10 feet of water, resurface, keep 2 hands on the brick at or above the surface of the water, kick 20 yards back to wall; climb out without using stairs or ladder; stand up. Task must be completed in 1 minute and 40 seconds.
To pass the course, participants must attend and participate in all classes, pass a practical final exam, and score at least 80% on two written multiple choice exams.