Please read the following agree and the swim lesson policies before submitting the form!
By signing this agreement we, the undersigned parents/guardians are stating that we are the person(s) responsible for the full payment of swim lessons to St. John's Preparatory School for the student(s) registered according to the rates set forth on the registration page.
We, the undersigned parents/guardians authorize the faculty and staff of St. John's Prep (SJP) to treat the undersigned student(s) in case of emergency. We, the undersigned parents/guardians and student(s), hereby release, the school, its agents, employees or trustees from liability for any act or omission conducted in the course of rendering such care. Should an emergency arise and school authorities are unable to contact parents/guardians, we the undersigned parents/guardians authorize emergency service personnel to treat the undersigned student(s). We acknowledge that there are no medical personnel on campus during classes held after 3pm and on weekends.
We do hereby contract with SJP that we, the undersigned parents/guardians and student(s), will comply with the SJP rules and regulations, and that we, the parents as well as our student(s), will accept those decisions made by SJP. We, the undersigned parents/guardians and student(s), hereby release and agree to hold harmless, the school, its agents, employees and trustees from all claims, damages and other liabilities, of every kind and description, for injuries, of every kind and description, to the student(s) which are not the result of gross negligence by the school, its agents or employees. We, the undersigned parents/guardians and student(s), also agree to indemnify and hold harmless, the school, its agents and employees for damages to persons or property by the student(s). Hold harmless shall include any and all damages of every kind and description and shall include, but not be limited to, attorney’s fees and other costs of defense. We, the undersigned parents / guardians and student(s) agree to reimburse the school for any damage done by the student to school property or facilities.
1. Make-Up Lessons: It is our goal to provide great swim instruction with a low instructor/student ratio in a cost effective manner. Due to instructor schedules, desired student-instructor ratios, and pool schedules, it is impossible to schedule make up lessons. Therefore, we have instituted a “no make-up” policy for all sessions or lessons. Please do not ask for “special treatment!” We do not pro-rate. We will, however, have a make-up lesson on Fridays for any cancellation made on our part such as inclement weather or pool mechanical problems.
2. Payment/Registration/Late Fees: All fees are due online with the application prior to the registration deadline for each session. Placement in a session is contingent on date of received payment. We do not reserve spots in lessons. Phone/email registrations are not accepted. The registration process does not allow a parent to register a child who is not theirs. A $10 late fee per child will be assessed if the registration deadline has passed and only if room is available within the class.
3. Refunds/Cancellations: We do not issue refunds; however, in the event of extraordinary circumstances we will issue a credit on a case-by-case basis. Prolonged illness or injury (ie, mono or broken leg) may entitle you to a credit for remaining lessons. Credits are only issued from the time of contact forward. No credit will be issued for weeks that have passed. Requests for credits must be in writing and require a valid doctor’s note. All requests await the approval of the Aquatic Director.
4. Instructor/Student Ratios: It is our intention to keep student/instructor ratios to a minimum at all times. However, we reserve the right to make necessary adjustments to the ratios due to extenuating circumstances, i.e., instruct or illness/emergency situations.
5. Parents must remain on the premises during their child’s lesson but not on the pool deck unless asked to be present by the Aquatics Director.