St. John’s Prep, in partnership with Olbash School of Driving, is proud to announce an all-new driver’s education program on our campus. This program is open to Prep students, as well as girls and boys attending other schools.
Earning a driver’s license has long been a rite of passage for teenagers. For over 20 years Olbash School of Driving has been helping boys and girls earn their driver’s license and learn valuable skills in safety, rules of the road, and decision-making. Classes and road lessons are taught by professional instructors with over 15 years experience.
The St. John’s driver’s education program provides students with a complete understanding of the Massachusetts rules of the road in preparation for the Massachusetts permit test. The professional and friendly staff will work with students and parents to arrange driving lessons around your schedule. We offer convenient pick-up and drop-off at St. John’s Prep and in many cases, depending upon location, students may be dropped off at home.
St. John’s offers flexible programs designed to meet the needs of busy families. Choose to take the classroom instruction, the road lessons or both. Students must be 15 years and 9 months to take the course.
- Each student must complete a 30-hour classroom instruction course.
- One parent must complete a 2-hour class. This class is current for four years. If parents have already taken this course they must provide a certificate of completion from the school where the class was attended.
- Each student must complete 12 hours of on-the-road driving instruction.
- Each student must complete 6 hours of on-the-road observation.
- Students must have a Certificate of Completion of classroom instruction.
- 30-hour classroom instruction: $250
- Behind the wheel instructions and on the road observations, 18 hours total :$550
- Parent class: $20 payable by check on the day of the class (if parent/s have attended a class in the last four years this requirement is waived)
- Certificate of Completion from the RMV is $25 payable by check upon completion of the classroom instruction
Course #101: Classes begin on Monday October 15, 2018, and will meet every Monday, Wednesday & Friday until November 21, 2018. Class will not be held on Monday, November 12, 2018. Class will meet from 4:30-6:30 pm on campus at the Brother Keefe, C.F.X. Academic Center, room K310, 72 Spring Street, Danvers. Registrations for this course will be accepted until Oct 11, based on availability.
Course #102: Classes will be held over December vacation, Monday through Friday, December 17-21, 2018. Class will meet each day from 9 am to 3:30 pm on campus at Brother Keefe, C.F.X. Academic Center, room K203, 72 Spring Street, Danvers. Registrations will be accepted until December 14 based on availability.
Course #103: Classes will be held over February vacation, Monday through Friday, February 18-22, 2019. Class will meet each day from 9 am to 3:30 pm on campus at Brother Keefe, C.F.X. Academic Center, room K203, 72 Spring Street, Danvers. Registrations for this course will be accepted until February 15 based on availability.
Course #105: Classes will be held June 10 - 14, 2019. Monday through Friday. Class will meet each day from 9 am to 3:30 pm on campus at the Brother Keefe, C.F.X. Academic Center, room K203, 72 Spring Street, Danvers.
Parent Class: The required Parent Class will be held here on campus at the Brother Keefe, C.F.X. Academic Center, room K203 on Wednesday, June 13 at 7 pm.
Course #106: Class schedule will be determined next spring.
Road lessons ($45/hour) are scheduled directly with the driving instructors. If you would like to schedule road lessons, please check the box on the registration form (see Registration and Payment tab below) and someone will contact you to arrange a personalized schedule. To contact the instructor directly please call or text Mr. Eddie Olbash at 617-771-1020
One parent must attend a 2-hour class ($20). Payment for the parent class is made by check on the day of the class.
For more information regarding parent classes: Please call Mr. Eddie Olbash at 617-771-1020 for more information and location details.