SSL Certificate

Health Information

All campers health forms are required by June 1st to attend camp. By state law, no camper will be allowed to begin camp until a completed health form is on file in our camp office. If a camper requires the administration of medication while at camp; please download, complete and return the medication authorization form listed below. Any/all medications must be dropped off/picked up by parent.

  • Health Form: Mail completed health form to Camp Christopher, St. John's Prep, 72 Spring Street, Danvers, MA 01923.
  • Medication Authorization: If needed, mail completed medication authorization form to Camp Christopher, St. John's Prep, 72 Spring Street, Danvers, MA 01923.

Health Resources

Massachusetts Department of Public Health Info

Read this helpful information provided by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.

Care of mildly ill campers

A mildly ill camper must be brought to the nurse's office for evaluation of symptoms that include one or more of the following: 

  • A temperature of over 99.6 degrees
  • Intestinal disturbance accompanied by diarrhea or vomiting
  • An undiagnosed rash
  • Sore or discharging eyes
  • Profuse nasal discharge
The child will be kept in the nurse's station and the nurse will call and ask the parents to come within the hour to take the child home.

Procedures for providing emergency health care

If a camper is injured but can walk safely to the nurse's office, the camper should be accompanied by a counselor to the nurse's station. In case of suspected or observed spinal or head injury, the camper should not be moved, and the nurse and office should be notified immediately. The area/group supervisor should notify the office by walkie-talkie, and a 911 call should be made if appropriate. This call should be made immediately from the pool if necessary. If the camper is not clearly in need of emergency attention, the nurse shall determine the timing of a 911 call and notification of parents. In case of a 911 call, office staff should immediately try to contact parents using their health form numbers. If transportation to the hospital is necessary by ambulance, the camp director or a supervisor will accompany the camper or staff member to the hospital with the appropriate release form. If non-emergency medical attention is needed, and parents are unavailable to transport to the hospital or doctor's office, then the camp director and another staff member my transport the camper with the verbal permission of the parent/guardian.
powered by finalsite