Sessions, Info & Policies
2019 Full-Day Camp
9 am to 3:45 pm • Monday through Friday
Ages 5 to 12
Campers must be five years of age before they start camp and 12 or under the first day of camp. See descriptions of activities on the tab below!
Week 1: June 24–June 28
Week 2: July 1–July 5 (NO camp July 4th)
Week 3: July 8–July 12
Week 4: July 15–July 19
Week 5: July 22–July 26
Week 6: July 29–August 2
Week 7: August 5–August 9
Week 8: August 12–August 16
Extended Day Option
For an additional weekly charge (per AM session, per PM session or both AM and PM sessions), extended hours are available from 8 am to 8:45 am and/or from 4 pm to 5 pm. All campers must be picked up promptly by 5 pm.
A typical day at Camp Christopher includes a wide range of fun activities!
Outdoor Activities: Gaga Dodgeball - Archery - Badminton - Baseball - Basketball - Bean Bag Toss - Bocce - Camper's Choice - Touch Football - Street Hockey - Four Square - Disc Golf - Kayaking (11 & 12 yr. olds only) - Kickball - Lacrosse - Ladder Ball - Newcombe - Parachute Games - Soccer - Speedball - Speedminton - Swimming - Tenniball - Tennis - Volleyball
Indoor Activies: Arts & Crafts - Basketball - Bingo - Rock Climbing - Board Games - Camper's Choice - Charades - Dodgeball - Freeze Dance - Game Room - Scooter Hockey
Transportation is offered weekly (only) for an additional fee and will be provided by a school bus at a central pick-up spot, near your home or work. You will receive an email by 5 pm on the Wednesday before your child attends camp to notify you of the estimated pick-up and drop off times, as times and stops vary from week to week. Bus stops may be subject to change. Please notify the camp office in writing as soon as possible about any change in transportation needs. We will continue to provide the best and safest transportation possible within the confines of state regulations. For that reason, campers are not allowed to walk from camp or a bus stop, and can only be released to their parent/legal guardian, unless other arrangements have been made by the Camp Director.
Enrollment for transportation is weekly and must be received by the Monday prior to the week attending camp. Transportation is not available for extended day care.
- Andover—Merrimack College, church parking lot
- Georgetown—route TBA
- Lynnfield—Middle school off Main Street (about 1 mile from I95)
- Malden—route TBA
- Marblehead—Marblehead High School
- Melrose—Grassy Knoll, across from Melrose High School
- Middleton—Fuller Meadow Elementary School
- Newburyport—route TBA
- North Andover—route TBA
- Reading—Coolidge Middle School
- Salem—O'Keefe Center parking lot (Salem State University)
- Swampscott—Tennis court parking lot at the Middle School (old high school)
- Wakefield—Lake Quannapowitt, near playground driveway diagonally across from Gingerbread Co.
PLEASE SPECIFY CHOICE OF PICK UP/DROP OFF LOCATION IF DIFFERENT FROM RESIDENTIAL CITY LISTED
A non-refundable deposit of $50 for each registered week must accompany each child's application. Please keep in mind that a camper's place is reserved for the entire period of enrollment. To provide the service that we promise, Camp Christopher obligates itself for the entire season's expenses. As a result, after June 1, we cannot refund payments, issue credits, make changes, switch weeks or cancel obligations.
Remaining camp payments are determined by the amount of weeks enrolled.
- Your balance will be billed June 1 if you register for 1-2 weeks of Camp Christopher
- Your balance will be billed in 2 equal payments on June 1, July 1 if you register for 3-5 weeks of Camp Christopher
- Your balance will be billed in 3 equal payments on June 1, July 1, August 1 if you register for 6-8 weeks of Camp Christopher
By state law, all emergency contact forms, signed physicals, immunizations, and medication administration forms must be received by the Monday prior to the week your child attends camp to allow participation. Any/all medications must be dropped off/picked up by parent.
Camper Age Policies
- Full-Day Option, Ages 5 to 12: All campers must be five years of age before they start camp and 12 or under the first day of camp.
- Get Going Kids Camps, Ages 8 to 12: All campers must be eight years old before they start camp and 12 or under the first day of camp.
Photographs taken during camp may be used for informational and marketing purposes, both in print, on the web and social media (including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), at the discretion of the Camp Director.
Equal Opportunity Policy
St. John's Preparatory School/Camp Christopher is committed to providing an equal opportunity to its students, campers, employees, and to eliminate discrimination when it occurs. St. John's Preparatory School/Camp Christopher does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, or veteran status. Moreover, the school/camp will not ignore any form of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment, nor will St. John's Preparatory School/Camp Christopher condone any form of retaliatory activity against any person who brings a complaint of discrimination or harassment or who cooperates in a complaint investigation.
Here's a handy list of what to bring to camp. Be sure to mark all clothing with your camper's name and age!
- Bathing suit
- On rainy or cool days, please send in a light jacket or sweatshirt and long pants
- Water bottles
- Leave valuables at home!