Athletic Hall of Fame Nominations
- Nominations will be accepted in the fall/winter of the preceding academic year. Nomination deadline will be March 15 of each academic year.
- Nominations are accepted from St. John’s Prep coaching staff (past and present), Hall of Fame members, Prep alumni, and other members of the Prep community.
- All nominators must use the Hall of Fame nomination form in order to provide the committee with specific information and/or statistical information that they believe distinguishes the candidate.
Selection of Nominees
- The Athletic Hall of Fame Committee will review the approved nominations and select the new members of the Hall of Fame. All complete nominations will be vetted by the committee.
- Nominees must receive a two-thirds vote of the committee with a quorum of members being present.
- Nominees receiving approval for nomination but not selected for induction will be automatically nominated for the following year’s Hall of Fame for a period of five (5) years.
- Hall of Fame inductions for any given year will not exceed 12 inductees/honorees.
- Teams are not considered for Hall of Fame induction, but may be recognized for major accomplishments upon their 25th or 50th years.
- If a member of the Hall of Fame selection committee has been nominated as a candidate for the Hall of Fame or otherwise has a conflict of interest that would compromise the integrity of the selection process, that committee member must recuse him/herself from the selection process.
- Upon selection, the Managing Director of Alumni Engagement will notify inductees of their election, notification will include a letter signed by the Head of School and Director of Athletics.
- Inductees will receive complimentary invitations for up to two (2) people (in addition to the inductee) for the induction ceremony, but will be responsible for their own travel expenses (lodging, mileage, food, etc) incurred with attending the ceremony.
- Honored teams will receive complimentary invitations for team captains and coaches for the induction ceremony.