Athletics Hall of Fame
The St. John's Prep Athletic Hall of Fame was established in 1985 to recognize alumni, coaches, and supporters for outstanding contributions to the athletic program at the Prep. Their commitment, achievement, and sense of sportsmanship set the standard for the young athletes who follow in their footsteps today. Members are listed below by the year they were inducted.
Athletic Hall of Fame Qualifications
- Athletes must have attended St. John's for at least two (2) years.
- Athletes must have celebrated their 10th anniversary of graduation.
- Committee members may be considered for nomination, but must recuse themselves from voting on the matter.
- Athletes must have made unique contributions to our athletic program for at least two (2) years to be considered for merit membership. Unique contributions include all-conference, all-region, all-state or national recognition, most valuable player, coaches award, statistical leader in their sport, team captain, led team to state championships, collegiate experience and/or professional, etc. Multiple selections strengthen the athlete’s chance for induction.
- Nominees should be individuals who support and live the mission and values of St. John’s Prep (as an athlete and alumnus) and have positively contributed to building a culture of sportsmanship and servant leadership as an athlete/alumnus at St. John’s.
Coaches/Athletic Staff Members Qualifications (includes athletic administrators, trainers, staff, etc)
- Must have coached or been a member of the athletic staff at St. John’s for a minimum of 15 years.
- Award recipients must have left St. John’s in good standing.
- Nominees should be individuals who support and live the mission and values of St. John’s Prep and have positively contributed to building a culture of sportsmanship and servant leadership as a coach or member of the athletic staff at St. John’s.
- Individuals must have been members of a conference/state championship team or received “________ of the Year” accolades.
- Award winners contributed to building a culture of sportsmanship and servant leadership as a coach/staff member at St. John’s.
Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
The Athletic Hall of Fame Committee will be led by the Athletic Director with the support of the Office of Institutional Advancement. The committee will not exceed 12 members. Permanent membership will include the following individuals: Principal/Associate Head of School, Managing Director of Alumni Engagement, a member of the Office of Institutional Advancement, and a member of the Athletic department. At-Large members will include faculty members, non-teaching staff members, coaches, alumni, and Hall of Fame members.
2022-2023 Hall of Fame Committee
Jameson Pelkey, Athletic Director
Keith Crowley, Principal/Associate Head of School
Wendy Olson P’21, Managing Director of Alumni Relations
Tara Sartori, Assistant Director of Athletics
David Rodriguez ’15, Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Ray Carey ’67
Andrew Frates ’06
Dan Letarte ’86
Chris Lynch, Faculty
Jim O’Leary, Staff