High School Open House
Mini classes, co-curricular connections, faculty. You name it, open house has it.
Our doors will open at 9 am, with a speaking program beginning at 9:30 am. From there, families are free to explore all that open house has to offer. While it typically takes about 2 hours to experience everything, you are welcome to spend more (or less!) time if you'd prefer.
What to Expect
- Speaking Program: Hear from Head of School Ed Hardiman, Principal Keith Crowley, and Drew McStay ‘23 reflect on their experiences at St. John’s.
- Teaching in Action: See our teachers doing what they do best! Classes will be offered in many of the subjects offered at the Prep. Each class will be comprised of 15 minutes of learning and 10 minutes to chat with the teacher.
- Hands-On Demos: Test out the airplane simulator, try your hand at a science lab, or help build a robot. Come and go as you please.
- Conversations with Faculty and Staff: Faculty from our academic departments and members from different offices around campus will be available for 1:1 conversations throughout the day.
- Clubs, Athletics, Recreational Sports, and Wellness Fair: See what piques your interest and talk with current students, coaches, club moderators, and more. Come and go as you please.
- Fine Arts: Tours will be happening throughout the morning. Stop by and check out our studio art/ceramics demonstration and listen to our musicians perform!
- Campus Tours: Our student ambassadors will take you on a 30-minute tour of buildings not included as part of the program. Tours do not leave at a set time, so come by whenever you'd like.
Other Visit Opportunities
High School Eagle for a Day
Starting this October.
Prospective students for Grades 9, 10, and 11 for 2023-2024 may shadow a St. John's Prep student as they go through their day. Participate in class discussions, see our classrooms and labs, eat lunch in the dining hall, and get a sense for what it means to be an Eagle.
High School Campus Tours
Monday and Wednesday Afternoons
Prospective students for grades 9, 10, and 11, along with their families, are invited to join an admission counselor and student ambassador for a small-group walking tour of campus.
Virtual Campus Tour
Online on your time.
Discover the St. John's Prep campus from the comfort of your home! This self-guided opportunity has much to explore.