The ability to write well ranks among the top skills demanded by universities and employers. At St. John's Prep, writing is a priority across the curriculum.
The Writing Center offers students one-on-one consultations with trained writing coaches who assist with any stage of the writing process. The center staff is committed to helping student writers gain the confidence and competence to succeed at the Prep and beyond. Open to all students in grades 6 through 12, the Writing Center provides appointments from 7:30 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday and from 7:30 am to 4 pm on Fridays. It is located in the Center for Learning and Academic Success (CLAS) on the first floor of the A. E. Studzinski Library.
Some popular areas of support:
Literary analysis papers
How we work with students:
- Discuss texts and writing assignments
- Assist with planning and outlining
- Provide grammar and mechanics support
- Offer strategies for meaningful revision
- Host workshops and competitions
- Provide in-class support, as requested