Matt Spearing, Director of Environmental Sustainability
- Cultivate action that brings us in greater harmony with creation and minimizes our ecological footprint.
- Strengthen relationships to advance local and global responses to climate change.
- Promote behavior that balances the interconnected systems of sustainability: environment, economy, and equity.
Innovation and Design
Claudia Wessner, Shaw Family Director of Innovation and Design
- Embrace empathy-centered problem solving and other practices of effective design to create sustainable solutions.
- Integrate a variety of perspectives and disciplines with the understanding that innovation requires diversity.
- Support student agency and foster an appreciation for failure as a learning tool.
Justice and Peace
- Put into action our school’s responsibility to form agents for social transformation.
- Challenge our community to embrace a spirituality that does justice.
- Practice solidarity and transform dynamics of privilege and power.
Global Health and Wellness
Samira Tella, Director of Global Health and Wellness
- Understand and appreciate how psychological, economic, spiritual, social, and biological factors interrelate to affect health.
- Recognize the complexity of global systems that lead to health disparities.
- Raise awareness and foster inquiry that contributes to valuing the life and dignity of each person throughout the world.