Talented, driven, and creative faculty and staff animate our mission and values every day. St. John's actively seeks those who are passionate about education, thrive in a dynamic learning environment, and are committed to guiding young men to be and do good in this world.
APPLICATIONfor employment"As an alumnus who started teaching at St. John's Prep immediately after I completed by undergraduate studies, I've sometimes wondered if I've stagnated as a teacher by staying in the same environment for so long. In fact, ten years ago I applied for and was offered a job that would give me an opportunity to leave my comfort zone and test my skills as an educator. But I turned the offer down, because the truth is, I feel challenged every day at St. John's. My students make me want to continue growing as a teacher, to learn how they learn, to guide them from information to knowledge to wisdom. And my colleagues and leaders at St. John's offer me the space and confidence to experiment with methods and lessons, a privilege I don't take for granted. I am grateful for the teacher St. John's has made me, and I am excited to continue growing here." — Rob O'Chander '04
How to Apply
Upon successful completion of the online application, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application and are in the process of reviewing it. If you are a potential match for the position, the School will contact you via email.
St. John’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
St. John’s Prep is committed to building a diverse and inclusive campus community and welcome applications from underrepresented groups. We seek applicants who demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism and diversity that is manifested in classroom practice, student engagement, interpersonal communication, and curricular decisions. St. John’s Prep is an equal opportunity employer.
Snapshot of Comprehensive Benefits and Offerings
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical (Tufts) and dental (Principal) insurance
- TIAA-sponsored retirement plans
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Group life insurance, long term disability, and short term disability insurance fully funded by the school
- Tuition remission
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous vacation, sick, personal and paid holidays
- On-site parking and dining facilities
- Use of our 80,000-square foot Mahoney Wellness Center, including indoor pool and fitness center as well as a variety of fitness classes offered exclusively for employees
St. John's strives to provide every opportunity for faculty and staff to grow in their professions and to bring new strategies and ideas to our students and community.
- Prep Credit Hours: Faculty can take short courses taught by fellow colleagues for column movement with the salary pay scale.
- Conferences and Symposium: Faculty and staff are encouraged to attend conferences and other professional learning opportunities outside of school.
- New Teacher Development: All new faculty, no matter how long you've been teaching, participate in a two-year program that helps teachers familiarize themselves with our school and our mission, grow in their craft, and meet new colleagues. This program is particularly helpful to those who are new to teaching.
- Tuition Reimbursement: St. John's will reimburse faculty and staff for their first masters degree up to $10,000 a year and up to $7,000 a year for additional graduate-level work or for a second masters degree.