In this video, Dr. Crowley talks about our approach to helping students grow and develop in all dimensions of their lives. To see examples of how we bring wellness into daily campus life, click on the blue headings.
SPIRITUAL: Meaning and purpose, values and beliefs, faith and God
INTELLECTUAL: Critical thinking, problem solving, knowledge and learning
SOCIAL: Relationships, communication, cultural proficiency, servant leadership
EMOTIONAL: Self awareness and image, resiliency, stress management, coping strategies
PHYSICAL: Nutrition, physical activity, awareness of choices on body
AESTHETIC: Appreciate the beauty of nature, creativity, perspective
Our annual Wellness Fair brings leading community organizations and students together to talk about habits of wellness, and spark ideas about careers in health and fitness. Interactive, hands-on demonstrations make it a lively day for students in all grades. Thanks to our partners in wellness!
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center physical therapy staff
- Brain & Body Performance of Boston
- Jimmy Pedro '88 and Pedro's Judo Center
- CrossFit One Nation
- Ines McGillivray, R.N.
- Drive Custom Fit Yoga
- McGovern Family Chiropractic
- Melanoma Foundation of New England
- Dr. Maria Fagan of North Shore Physicians Group
- Triumph Center
- TJ Macari '98 of New England Family Osteopathy
- HAWC—Healing Abuse Working for Change
- Riverside Cycles
- American Diabetes Association
- Multi-service Eating Disorders Association
- SUN Project
- Juice Plus+, Berkshire Natural, Kiki Walker Wellness, Tufts Health Plan and Flik dining service
- Mary Kily, Julie Cremin and Kerry Gallagher of the Prep staff
Wellness at St. John’s Prep is rooted in our mission to educate the whole person. Typically described in terms of a wheel, wellness includes intellectual, social, emotional and physical elements. In keeping with our mission to educate the whole student at St. John's, we add spiritual and aesthetic dimensions to our pursuit of wellness.
Embracing wellness challenges us to grow as individuals, and recognizes the role we all play in contributing to the health and well-being of others in our learning community. Our commitment calls each of us to live a life of balance centered around positive and healthy choices.