College Entrance Exams
SAT and ACT
St. John's Prep offers convenient, high-quality courses to prepare students for the SAT and ACT. These co-ed courses are open to students from St. John's Prep, as well as students from other high schools. Taught by St. John's Prep faculty trained in test preparation, courses use practice materials chosen to provide students with effective problem strategies by subject and extensive practice with actual test questions.
The courses include full-length practice exams. Each class introduces a particular type of question that students will encounter on the exam and shows students how to cope with it more effectively. Later classes will provide in-class timed practice to supplement homework. To achieve the maximum benefit, students are encouraged to attend ALL classes. For further information please read below or email Sandra Martin or call 978-624-1477.
This is focused refresher course for students scheduled to take the SAT on October 1, 2016 which will be the current SAT format.
The class includes targeted instruction for math and verbal skills, as well as a full-length practice test.
2301A Tuition $100: This course is offered to students who have previously taken an SAT Prep course at St. John's Prep.
2301B Tuition $250: This course is offered to students who have not previously taken an SAT Prep course at St. John's Prep.
Dates and Times: Classes for both sections are on Sundays from 9:00 am - 11:00 am and Thursdays from 3:00 - 5 pm. Dates are September 11, 15, 18, 22, and 25. The September 25 class will meet from 9:00 am to 12:45 pm and will be a full length practice test.
Location: The class will meet in Xavier Hall Room X211.
The SAT, Scholastic Assessment Test, is a globally recognized standardized college admission test that lets students show colleges their knowledge of Reading, Writing, and Mathematic skills and their ability to apply that knowledge. This is a reasoning test currently comprised of a written essay as well as multiple choice and open response questions. The SAT is accepted at all four year colleges in the United States.
Two winter SAT courses meet on Sundays and Fridays. The cost of the SAT Prep courses is $635 for the fall, winter or year round courses.
Complete SAT schedule of class meeting dates
Any class cancellations and/or date changes will be posted on the Prep website
The ACT, American College Test, is a national standardized test designed to assess students knowledge of English, Mathematics, Reading and Science. The test consists of four subject tests with a total of 215 multiple choice questions and a 40 minute writing test. The ACT is accepted at all four year colleges in the United States.
Our ACT prep classes are designed to prepare students for the four subjects on the exam as well as to give them the strategies they need to succeed. Classes are offered in both the fall and the winter. For students who are taking both the ACT and the SAT we offer an ACT add on class as well. The Complete ACT schedule shows all of the ACT classes and the ACT add-on. Please note: Registration for ACT Refresher Course #2401 is now closed.
- ACT Prep classes will target a specific test date, either October 22, 2016, April 8, 2017 or June 10, 2017.
- Tuition is $200 for the fall refresher course, $150 for the ACT add-on course and $635 for the full course.
- Each class will focus on a specific subject and will prepare students for both content and strategies.
- Each course will include a full length practice ACT test to prepare students for the format and timing of the ACT.
Registration and payment information for all college entrance exam prep courses:
- ACT/SAT Test Prep Tuition: $635, includes two textbooks
- ACT/SAT Fall Refresher: $250 for new students and $100 for students who have already taken the SAT prep course at St. John's
- ACT Add-on: $150
- Online: Use the online registration and payment page
- By Mail: Download and complete the registration form and mail with your check to Test Prep Program, St. John's Preparatory School, 72 Spring Street, Danvers, MA 01923
- Emergency Contact: Students who do not attend St. John's Prep must complete this Emergency Contact Form.