1:1 iPad Program
Intuitive, powerful and versatile, iPads help to enhance teaching and learning in myriad ways at St. John's. The 1:1 student iPad program is integral to the way students work, research and collaborate with teachers and fellow students across the curriculum.
In our High School, every student purchases his own iPad for use at school and at home. School-owned iPads are provided for Middle School students as they learn to use technology resources in academically valuable and responsible ways.
Teaching and Learning
- The iPad supports a variety of teaching and learning styles, and helps foster student-centered learning environments.
- It provides instant access to online resources, school email and the SJP portal.
- Thousands of iPad apps create endless possibilities for creative teaching and learning.
- An effective organizational tool, the iPad can help students stay prepared for school.
- The recording capability allows students to record lectures, create podcasts, practice language skills, and dictate notes.
- The iPad is also an e-reader. Many English and social studies books used at St. John’s can be accessed through the iBooks store, where they are available for less than the cost of print editions.