Tuition and Assistance
We know that a private school education is a significant investment for any family. As a Xaverian Brothers sponsored school committed to providing access to all, we invest significant resources in our tuition assistance program to make a St. John's education affordable. We provide a total of $5 million in need-based tuition assistance and merit scholarships, and meet 99% of families' demonstrated need, on average.
Tuition at St. John's
We believe that our tuition, coupled with our tuition assistance program, offers an unparalleled value among private schools on the North Shore. Tuition for the 2016-2017 school year is $21,955 for the High School and $18,670 for the Middle School. As you consider the right school for your son, we hope you will visit with us and speak to our students, parents and alumni. And we encourage your son to shadow a Prep student for the day. We are confident that you will hear that St. John's is a transformative experience.
Making a Prep education affordable is a top priority at St. John's, but we cannot provide assistance for every applicant who qualifies for tuition assistance. Our policy is to wait-list applicants who qualify for tuition assistance if both tuition assistance and a place are not available. In order for wait-listed applicants to be offered admission, both tuition assistance and a place must become available.
- FACTS AID: St. John's Prep uses the services of FACTS Aid to process all tuition assistance applications.
- APPLY ONLINE: You may apply online for tuition assistance for the 2017-2018 school year beginning November 1.
- High School tuition assistance applications are due no later than December 15, 2016.
- Middle School tuition assistance applications are due no later than January 15, 2017.
- Families applying to both the High School and the Middle School must submit tuition assistance applications by December 15, 2016.
- A NOTE FOR CURRENT FAMILIES: Tuition assistance is not renewed automatically. Current students who receive tuition assistance must re-apply each year by December 31.
Payment and Financing
- PAYMENT: St. John's works with Smart Tuition, a tuition payment plan provider. All tuition payments are made through Smart Tuition, which offers families multiple payment options, from full payment to ten payments. For families who chose to make multiple payments, there is a $350 annual payment plan fee.
- FINANCING: For families interested in long-term financing, we also work with Your Tuition Solution for convenient fixed rate loan agreements. For more information, visit Your Tuition Solution or call 800-920-9777.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions concerning tuition assistance, please contact the Finance Office at 978-774-1050 x395.